UGears Mechanical Horse Model
Regular price $49.95
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- UGears Mechanical Models are self-propelled, mechanical wooden model assemble kits. These designs are inspired by real-life mechanisms. The team believes that building these beautiful working models should be fun. They have dedicated their engineering know-how, meticulous product testing and quality control to a single goal: Ensuring that the models provide an engaging and rewarding experience for the whole family.
- The Horse Mechanoid is UGears first mechanical walking quadruped. Long before the electricity and steam-powered engines made a significant impact on society’s progress, horses were used as the main transportation and hauling source. From very early on, in Ancient Greece, Japan, and China, inventors inspired by the idea to enhance nature’s most impeccable design with endurance and durability of the mechanisms, attempted to build various walking machines.
- Combining the ingenuity of Leonardo DaVinci’s inventions and innovative ideas of the modern world, in an attempt to reincarnate those walking machines, UGears created the Horse Mechanoid. Like all UGears models, the mechanical Horse was built to move on its own, powered by a genuine self-propelled mechanism. However, there were challenges along the way of creating the Mechanoid and bringing it to perfection. While solving the problem of stability of moving construction, UGears toy engineers
- Following the anatomical specifics of real horses, and to ensure that the Mechanoid’s legs move like the ones of a real horse, UGears designers implemented a claw mechanism. However, the moving element of the Horse Mechanoid is its rubber band mechanism, connected to the movable elements, in addition to a pendulum, located in Mechanoid’s chest. Escape from electronics and modern technologies and dive into the romantic, old-fashion fun of horse-back riding.
- Number of parts: 410, Assembly Time: 9 hours, Recommended Age: 14+